In a world of high speed information and a billion-and-one options, we appear to live in a world of impatience and swimming in a sea of confusion so if you want to be seen and heard, you need to stand out from the crowd. Lady Gaga is a perfect example of this – love her or hate her you cannot fault that she does stand out from the crowd. Her weird outfits and videos provide the difference, but she does also have the singing ability to back up her craziness.
There are 5 things that we can learn from her:
1. Be different – Someone once said that if you do what everyone else does you’ll get what everyone gets. Lady Gaga stands out from the rest of the pop world. Now I’m not suggesting wear an outfit made of meat, but I am saying that think how you can be different in order to stand out from the competition. Cut your own path in the world. Just because other people do things a certain way doesn’t mean it’s the right way for you.
2. Build a loyal following – Lady Gaga calls her fans her “little monsters.” They can relate to her and she relates to them. I recommend that you listen to what your audience are saying and provide content, products or services that relate to their needs. They will love you for it, and you can turn them into loyal followers or your own “little monsters.” But I wouldn’t suggest calling them that.
3. Be consistent – Lady Gaga is consistently different. She has created a strong and recognizable brand. If you’re starting a business you need to do the same. Being consistent is important. Consistence with your message and actions will help to build trust with your audience.
4. Have focus and a clear vision – Just like Lady Gaga, we need to have a clear and focused goal of what we want.
5. Keep going – Having read some of what happened to Lady Gaga, she could so easily have given up. If we want success then we can’t let giving up be an option.
The late great business speaker Jim Rohn, once said, “If you let doubt into your mind, it will empty your wallet, your work and your life.” And Winston Churchill once sai,d “Never, ever, ever, ever give up.” If you want something bad enough, you’ll do whatever you need to do in order to get it. Success is so much sweeter when you know you’ve had to work for it.
Keep these 5 points in mind and enjoy the journey
Written by Simon Jordan
Business Growth Coach. Author of the Amazon 5 star rated book – How to Sky Rocket Your Business (without burning your fingers), Host of Simon Jordan.TV and The Simon Jordan Radio Show and International Speaker.